Sunday, November 13, 2011

Its beginning to look like winter...

S. and I decided to hit the trails yesterday.  It was nice weather but it is definitely starting to get colder.  I decided to wear my Underarmor cold gear and my Patagonia Better Sweater, but no shell was needed.  The Underarmor makes for a great base layer and the Better Sweater just keeps you nice and warm. 

We hadn't been on the New Trail in awhile because they've been logging up there.  I wasn't sure where on the trail they were logging but I thought I did and I thought that I knew how to avoid that area.  Well, I was wrong about the location of the logging so sure enough, it wasn't avoidable. So we did a little bushwacking...  It wasn't too bad until we had to go through a pretty big holly bush.  Luckily, we were dressed warmly so we survived without any scratches.  Once we got through the logging it was a great ride.  There are a couple of nice flat spots to canter through on that trail and those were still in tact so that worked out great.  The New Trail connects to the Creek Trail so we used it to get back to the barn.  We took a couple of pictures on the creek trail.  You can barely tell its a creek with all the leaves in it. 

S. is on Buckshot and I am on Chief.  We make a good team.  Chief decided this day would be the day he wanted to be lazy so we had a couple of moments of "you will go forward no matter how many times I have to hit your rear with the crop."  Aside from that Chief was good.  Buckshot, always the gentleman, was sure enough a gentleman.  Til next time.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment