Sunday, March 9, 2014

You Sleep Enough When You are Dead

So today is my favorite day of the year.  It's the beginning of Daylight Savings Time!  Yes, we loose an hour of sleep but the days are now officially longer and will continue to get longer.  And as an old chef used to say, "you sleep enough when you are dead!"  So, enjoy the daylight!

The recent bad news is that we won't be making the trail competition next weekend.  Multiple horses are out of commission (not seriously, just temporarily) so we won't make this one.  But, hopefully, we can find another one close by.

While we wait on a trail competition, Chief and I went out today and worked on jumps.  We are getting better, slowly but surely.  My next goal is for us to make a show.  Fingers crossed, we'll make one this spring, and then we will go from there.

We're getting a string of nice weather days all in a row, so I am hoping to be able to return to the trails soon.  They have been much too wet/icey for riding, so we've been waiting for this nice weather to come along.  One more reason to love day light savings time.  It's the promise of better weather on the horizon.

So while I do love a good sunset as I go to get Chief to go for a ride, I prefer said sunset as I put him up for the evening.

Here's to warmer weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment