Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 and on to 2014

Hey folks, long time no see (i.e. I've been lazy and haven't been blogging).  My apologies, what can I say, you get out of the habit and it's hard to get back on the horse (pun intended).

This year has been quite the year.  Just 340 days ago, we moved to Blacksburg, VA from Chattanooga, TN.  I loved living in Chattanooga and it's been hard to leave but I am thankful I've been able to get back a couple of times this year and hope that this continues into 2014.  Chief of course made the move to Paris Mountain Stables which is the same barn that I used to work at to pay my rent back in my college days.  I am still picking up the occasional shift there and it's good to keep myself moving like that.  Plus it's handy to pay off a little of the monthly board.

Also this year we sold a house and bought a house.  We then had tons of friends and family come visit us during football season.  Yes, we are huge Hokie fans, this being the home of Virginia Tech and all.  It was great to see so many folks that we hadn't seen in some time, so the move in that regard has been great.  Our new house has lots of bedrooms, so I am looking forward to more visitors in the coming year.

The hubs and I just returned from a whirlwind trip to VA Beach, back to Blacksburg, then Knoxville, then Chattanooga, back to Knoxville, and then to El Paso for the Sun Bowl.  Again, we got to see lots of friends and family in this insane trip but I must say I was glad I had the day off from work today to go visit Chief.  We are anticipating cold, snowy weather here soon so working in riding time will be difficult at best.

My New Year's resolutions include blogging more, going to the gym at least 2 times a week, visiting Chief at least 2 times a week too, and be sure to take a vacation this year.  I also plan to keep up with my hours for the APHA Ride America program.  Which reminds me I need to send in my log from this year.  If you are unfamiliar with the Ride American program, you can check it out here: APHA Ride America.

I hope that your New Year's resolutions include some riding time as well.  So that you can see what Chief and I have been up to lately, I'm including some pictures.  Happy New Year's everyone!



End of the summer picture of the pond at sunset.
Late fall, Chief greets me as I walk down to his pasture.  It was fun to get him to cross the creek to get him out of the gate...

Late fall on the trail.
Ominous skies as we enter winter.
Gorgeous winter day, view of Catawba valley.
Chief says happy 2014!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that I found your blog through "blogging from the barn" on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you found it too! Thanks for taking a look!

      Delete