Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Cleaning!

Okay, I'm guilty, it's been nearly a month since I've written.  All I can say is I've been out on the trails!  The weather down south has been beautiful and I've been taking advantage of it.  Until Sunday anyways... I went out for a nice little ride through the cow pasture but as we came down around the tomato field, I felt like we had a flat tire.  I jumped off hoping it was just a big rock, I've had that happen at this exact spot before and this time I had a hoof pick with me.  But, as I picked up Chief's right front foot I saw the problem... we pulled a shoe.  Damnit!  We had just gone through some really thick mud and sure enough the mud pulled the shoe right off.  So we headed back to the barn.  The unfortunate part of our current location was that the shortest route back to the barn was via the gravel road... not so great for a bare foot.  So we tried to walk next to the road and headed for home.

Once I got there I decided now would be a great time to do some spring cleaning.  My husband was out riding the motorcycle so I had some time where I wouldn't be missed and after all it is spring.  I started with my locker and cleaned out EVERYTHING.  I threw away old antibiotics that expired in 2009, why do I have that?  I can't even remember giving this to Chief... And I threw away an old helmet box, and various other things that I really can't remember how I ended up with them.  I then found Chief's blanket and threw it in the back of the car, doubt we'll need this again to the winter so it needs to be washed.  And I took home a dirty fly mask in need of washing too.  Then I put everything all back together again.  I felt so much better!  Next week I'll clean tack; that is a whole other task....  On the way home I found a great laundry mat in Soddy (I live in a burb of Chattanooga called Soddy Daisy, yeah that's right).  They have drop off laundry services!  How wonderful!  Last year when I washed this blanket I used my own washer and it didn't really get clean so I dropped that off and I will get it back today, can't wait!  The point of all this is, I encourage you to clean out your tack locker/box at least once a year.  You certainly don't need antibiotics that expired three years ago.  Keep the things that are still usable but definitly purge the things that are expired or just gungky nasty looking (don't lie we all have those). 

And, since I've been out on the trails, I've taken a few pictures.  I'll post a few for your viewing pleasure.



No comments:

Post a Comment